The Controller of your personal data is Ebsons Comino Ferries Limited.
SECTION 1: WHAT PERSONAL INFORMATION DO WE PROCESS ABOUT YOU AND FOR WHAT PURPOSE
When you browse our website, we automatically receive your computer’s Internet protocol (IP) address in order to provide us with information that helps us learn about your browser and operating system.
When you make a purchase through our website, we collect the personal information which is necessary for us to provide you with the requested service, which information includes your name, surname, address, email address and contact number.
Information may also be collected when you make use of the enquiries form on our website.
We may also process your personal data in order to answer your questions and request for services, and solicit your feedback, process payments as agreed with you, send important notices, such as changes to our terms, conditions and policies, send you technical notices, updates, security alerts and support and administrative messages, for internal purposes such as auditing, risk assessment purposes, internal management, research and statistics, systems administration and the development and improvement of our products and services, to establish, exercise or defend any legal action, and to prevent and/or detect any illegal and/or criminal activity and to meet any other specific legal or contractual obligations.
We may also be required to processes your personal data for the purpose of:
- compliance with applicable laws, rules, regulations, guidance and codes;
- compliance with demands or requests made by local and foreign regulators, governments, courts and law enforcement authorities, and complying with a court process, or in connection with any litigation;
SECTION 2 – ON WHAT BASIS DO WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
- Necessary Processing: We process your personal data as necessary in order to provide you with our services as you may require, such as personal information which you provide us to make an enquiry or forward a query, or to purchase our services.
- With your consent: We will only process your personal information for any other purpose, including direct marketing, when you have given your consent to the processing of your personal data for such other purpose. You have various rights where we are processing your information on the basis of your consent. For example, if you no longer wish to be on one of our mailing lists, you can choose to opt out at any time by following the “unsubscribe” instructions at the bottom of our promotional emails. If after you opt-in, you change your mind, you may withdraw your consent for us to contact you and/or for the continued collection, use or disclosure of your information, at any time, by contacting us as provided for under the Section 13 – Contact Information.
- For legitimate business purposes: There may be instances where we are compelled to process your personal information in order to safeguard our legitimate business interests. For example, we may need to process your personal data if you violate our Terms and Conditions. Where we use your personal information for this purpose, rest assured that we will take measures to protect your personal information
- To comply with a legal obligation: There may be instances where we are legally obliged to process your personal information.
SECTION 3 – RECIPIENTS OF PERSONAL DATA
Your personal information will be received by Ebsons Comino Ferries Limited’s representatives and employees.
We may also share your personal information with any of the following:
- our agents and business partners strictly as required in order to carry out the purposes outlined in this privacy notice;
- our professional advisors and auditors strictly as required for consultation purposes or for compliance with our legal obligations;
- regulators, governments and law enforcement authorities as and when this is required under applicable laws and regulations;
- courts, tribunals, arbitrators or other competent bodies who may have authority to request such personal information;
- external companies, organizations or individuals if we have a good-faith belief that access, use, preservation or disclosure of the data is reasonably necessary to:
- comply with any applicable law, regulation, legal process or enforceable governmental request;
- enforce applicable terms of service, including investigation of potential violations;
- detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud;
- safeguard the rights, property or safety of our company, our users or the public as required or permitted by law;
We may share non-personally identifiable data publicly. For example, to show trends about the general use of our services.
SECTION 4 – SECURITY
To protect your personal information, we take reasonable precautions and follow industry best practices to make sure it is not inappropriately lost, misused, accessed, disclosed, altered or destroyed.
Online identity theft and account hacking, including the practice currently known as “phishing” are of great concern. You should always suspect when you are being asked for your personal information and you must always make sure you do that in our secure system. We will never request your personal information or your credit card information in a non-secure or unsolicited communication (e-mail, phone or otherwise),
SECTION 5 – COOKIES
SECTION 6 – AGE OF CONSENT
By using this site, you represent that you are at least the age of majority in your state or country of residence, or that you are the age of majority in your state or country of residence and you have given us your consent to allow any of your minor dependents to use this site.
SECTION 7 – SENSITIVE DATA
We do not request or require special categories of information concerning religion, health, sexual orientation, trade union membership, or political affiliation and ask you to refrain from providing any such personal data in your communication with us.
SECTION 8 – PAYMENT
SECTION 9 – TRANSFERS OUTSIDE THE EUROPEAN UNION
We may transfer your personal information outside the European Union. The countries to which your personal information is transferred may not offer an equivalent level of protection for personal information to that guaranteed within the European Union. Where appropriate, we will take steps to ensure your information is transferred subject to appropriate safeguards, such as by entering into data transfer agreements. Where we have put data transfer agreements or similar safeguards in place, we may be able to make a copy of this available to you if you contact us via one of the methods set out under the header “Contact Information” below.
SECTION 10 – DATA RETENTION
We have a data retention policy that sets out how long we keep your information. This policy is based on the type of information, the purpose of collection, and the system within our digital platforms in which the information is held.
Records containing personal data are kept for a period of five (5) years from the date of purchase, saving for exceptional cases relating to legal claims which may require an extension of such period.
Records relating to financial transactions are kept for a period of ten (10) years from the date of purchase.
SECTION 11 – YOUR RIGHTS
You have the right to:
- Withdraw your consent when your personal data is processed on the basis of your consent. The withdrawal of your consent shall not affect the lawfulness of processing before the withdrawal of your consent.
- Ask us about the processing of your personal information, including to be provided with a copy of your personal information held by us;
- to request the correction and/or deletion of your personal information, or restrict or object to the processing of your personal information;
- to request to obtain and reuse your personal information for your own purposes across different services; and
- to complain to a competent supervisory authority, or to a court of law, if your data protection rights are violated or you have suffered as a result of unlawful processing of your personal information.
If you would like access to the information that we hold about you, if any of the information that we hold about you is inaccurate or out of date, or if you wish to withdraw your consent to the processing of your data or to restrict or object to us processing it, please let us know by getting in touch via one of the methods set out under the header “Contact Information” below.
If you object to our processing of your personal information, we will respect such requests in accordance with our legal obligations. Your objection may mean that we may not be able to perform the actions necessary to achieve the purposes set out above.
We may be required or entitled to retain your information to comply with legal and regulatory obligations and to protect and exercise our legal rights and legitimate interests.
In addition to those rights outlined above you also have an unconditional right to object at any time to the processing of your personal information for direct marketing purposes by contacting us via one of the methods set out under the header “Contact Information” below.
If our business is acquired or merged with another company, your information may be transferred to the new owners so that we may continue to sell services to you.
SECTION 13 – CONTACT INFORMATION
If you would like to: access, correct, amend or delete any personal information we have about you, register a complaint, or simply want more information you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail at Ebsons Comino Ferries, Edmar House, Triq il-Gnien, Ghajnsielem, Gozo, GSM 1800, Malta
Last Updated: 19th August 2019